A more in-depth look at Pro Tools software.
the Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) course expands upon the basic principles taught in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course and introduces the core concepts and techniques students need to competently operate a Pro Tools system running mid-sized sessions.
Students learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of their recording, editing, and mixing efforts. The hands-on exercises provide experience setting up sessions, importing media, working with digital video, spotting sound effects, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, working with virtual instruments, warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using sub-mixes and track groups to simplify a final mix.
Together with the first course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT101), this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
- Completion of the Avid Pro Tools 101 – Fundamentals I course.
- Ability to create sessions, select appropriate session parameters, record audio and MIDI, use Edit modes and tools effectively, set Grid and Nudge values, create and recall memory locations, navigate tracks and media, create Edit selections using a variety of common techniques, use plugins for signal processing and virtual instruments, create a basic mix, and use basic automation techniques
this course is designed for:
- Audio Engineers
- Sound Editors for Film or Television
the course will run from Friday 4th October to Sunday 6th October, 10am-5pm each day. This course will run This course runs multiple times per year. Courses typically run 10am – 6pm. Please click “Apply Now” to reserve your place.
upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings
- Select appropriate settings in the Playback Engine dialog
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialized plugins for specific music
- Utilise advanced recording techniques to capture multiple record takes in succession
- Analyze Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options
- Utilise Elastic Audio techniques MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective during a session post-production tasks automation
Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
AVID Certified Pro Tools Instructors
our Pro Tools courses are delivered by Avid Certified Instructors from our team of Recording Technical Demonstrators in the School of Arts & Media. Our recording team are audio professionals, working in studios and production environments both within and outside the University.
- Pro Tools Fundamentals 101
If you are interested in this course, but are unable to attend at this time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salford M5 4BR